Summer 2015 Mini-Conference
This year NEACT is holding a 1-day summer conference from 8:30 am-9pm. Currently in the line-up of great presentations and workshops are:
- Mary Virginia Orna: keynote presentation: “Historic Mineral Pigments: colorful Benchmarks of Ancient Civilizations.”
- Dan Damelin: Web based resources workshop for implementing NGSS
- Mary Christian-Madden: The Colorful Chemistry of Semi-Precious Gems and Minerals
- Sue Klemmer: Mostly Purple Stuff –workshop
- Mathangi Krishnamurthy: Colorful Chemistry with Glucose Oxidation - workshop
- Gonghu Li: Quantum Dots: Colorful Chemistry in Teaching and Research - workshop
- James Kaufman: Learning by Accident
- Sudha Swaminathan: Physicist’s Tour of the Worcester Art Museum
- Frank Lamelas: Talk on using chemistry and physics to analyze art
- Lolita Pellizzari: Workshop on short, hands-on modeling activities
- Mary Virginia Orna: Dinner speaker: “Fashion, Pharmaceuticals, food, and fun: The Chemical History of Color”
For details, registration and hotel information, download the detailed program. Dr. Mel Govindan may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact/PDP will be available!
Scholarships are available!